Monday, February 14, 2011

Spicy baby potatoes


Whenever I go to the market for vegetable shopping, I am tempted to buy Baby Potatoes. Especially in Mumbai market we get good baby Potatoes. What I mean to say is that we really get very small potatoes which are unheard of in Ponda and Pune. Both of us like it very much so I always end up in buying it. But end up preparing the same age old recipe thought by my mom i.e. with red chili powder (Dum Aloo). I always wanted to prepare baby potatoes with a little bit of gravy. So I started searching on the net for some recipes. After going through many recipes and customizing as per our taste buds I ended up with the following recipe (custom made ………..and we both loved it)
Ingredients
2 tbsp oil
½ kg baby potatoes
Cumin seeds 1 ts
½ tsp Asafetida
2 green chilies finely chopped
1 tsp ginger
1 tbsp Coriander powder
½ tsp haldi powder 
1 tsp of red chili powder
½ cup of tomato puree
½ tsp pepper powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp of kasturi methi
½ tsp of lemon juice
Method
  1. Wash, boil and peel potatoes.
  2. Heat oil, add cumin seeds  when it starts cracking add asafetida, green chills and ginger fry for few sec and then add potatoes fry for 2 min.
  3. Add salt, coriander powder, haldi powder, red chili powder and tomato puree. Mix well and fry for a while.
  4. Add remaining masala and then mix well.

1 comment:

  1. This is really very delicious dish!! thanks to mai we got to eat it!!

    ReplyDelete